Mr McKenic®- Plant-Based Oil Spill Dispersant (OSD) is non-toxic, biodegradable, plant-based mixture that effectively disperses oil spilled in sea or fresh water, shoreline, and other areas exposed to environment.
Unlike most conventional OSD, Mr McKenic®- Plant-Based OSD does not contain any petroleum-based solvents nor nonyl phenols forming emulsions that are harmful to marine life. Its low viscosity allows quick spreading and dispersing of oil slicks. Being organic plant-based, this OSD forms non-toxic oil-dispersant mixture that is safe for small marine organisms and hence, minimal ecology damage.
Available Sizes: 5L Bottle, 25L Pail, 210L Drum
Product featuresFast action
- Disperses oil spillage instantly
- Safe for marine life
- Non-toxic, 10/10 fish survived in test
- No chlorinated or aromatic hydrocarbon detected
- Complies with the international “Prevention of Sea Pollution Regulations 1999
Areas of application:
Mr McKenic®- Plant-Based OSD is designed for oil dispersion at sea, on and off-shore and on hard surfaces such as platforms, rigs and barges.
Direction for use:
- Mr McKenic®- Plant-Based OSD can be applied by spraying over the oil slick, allowing the waves and other turbulence to aid dispersing.
- The product can be applied neat or diluted with 1:10 parts of water over the oil slick. Use as concentrate dispersant - 1 part dispersant can be used to disperse 20 to 30 parts oil. Use as water-dilutable concentrate dispersant - Dilute 1 part dispersant with 10 parts water. Diluted solution can be used to disperse 2 to 3 parts oil.
- For thicker oil slick, repeat the dosage. Agitate with pressure jet water or other mechanical methods for faster action.
- The product can be used concentrated or diluted for lighter spills.
- For spillage on hard surfaces, cover spillage area with Mr McKenic®- Plant-Based OSD and allow product to work before flushing off with water.
Marine Offshore, Transport & Aviation, Military, Oil & Gas