Mr McKenic® –Magic Rust Converter is a supreme product that converts rust (new and old) into a protective black polymeric coating that adheres firmly to metal surfaces, preventing further corrosion. It can be used on any metal surface that has become rusty.
In most cases, end users remove the rust from the metal surface by sand-blasting/grinding. Despite the tediousness of the procedure, rust resurfaces within a short period of time as the surface is still exposed to elements of environment, mainly moisture and oxygen.
Mr McKenic® –Magic Rust Converter offers an effective yet simpler procedure by converting the existing rust into an inert coating that seals up the metal surface from moisture and oxygen. After the conversion, there exists a strong molecular bondage between the converted layer and metal surface, making it very difficult to be removed. As a result, the rust stops spreading and the duration of protection is much extended. It makes a wonderful ‘touch-up’ tool where re-painting may not be required. However, for aesthetic purposes, surface can be painted over.
Available Sizes: 170ml, 1L, 5L (Contact us for Bulk Rates)
- Converts Rust to a Tough Black Coating
- Stops Rust from Spreading
- Provides Better Wear and Tear Protection
- Provides Long Term Indoor or Outdoor Protection
- Saves Time and Labour
- Easy Application
- Ready to Use
Areas of application:
Mr McKenic® -Magic Rust Converter can be used on any metal surface being corroded. It is widely used in maintenance workshops, oil rigs, military vehicles, onboard vessels, shipyards, metal tanks and piping in refineries etc.
Direction for use:
Surfaces must be clean, free from oil, dirt and other contaminants. Ensure surface is dry before application.
- For surfaces that are badly rusted, remove all loose rust with a wire-brush. Ensure that the rust has been scrapped off to a thin layer before application.
- Shake bottle well before use.
- Using a brush or roller, apply a generous layer of Mr McKenic® - Magic Rust Converter onto the rusty surface.
- Allow first coat to be dry to touch before applying second coat.
- For maximum protection, apply 2 layers of coats.
- If re-painting is required, apply 1 coat before painting over.
- Drying Time: 10 to 20 minutes at 30ºC, for surface to set dry to touch. Leave it for at least 8 hours for coating to be fully cured.
Watch video on how to apply:
Product Code: PC8019